Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Boarding Up A Hole Caused By A Fire

Fire Restoration - Board Ups

Jayson, one of our Senior Production Technicians, was boarding up a hole caused by an external fire in a Brewer-area home. This can be a very important part of the process, as it helps protect the rest of the structure from intrusion of the elements.

Fire Jobs - Sealing the Area

The final step with most fire jobs is to apply an odor sealant to the affected area. Once the smoke and soot have been cleared, removed and cleaned, a specialized primer is applied to the affected areas to encapsulate and seal in odors.

Fires - They're Not Just Started by Cigarettes or Heaters!

As the owners of this Sedgwick home discovered, it isn't always the standard culprits that can cause a fire. In this particular case, a motorcyle - of all things - ignited and started a fire in a storage shed. With some effort, we were able to clean the soot and remove the smell!

Sealant - Finishing a Fire Job

After every fire job, we use our EnviroSHIELD™ Odor & Stain Blocker. It permanently coats and seals in tough, deeply embedded smoke odors from fire damage surfaces. It is a water-based primer, sealer or finish coat developed with new advanced LEED compliant technology. It is formulated to perform like a solvent or oil-based sealer without the harsh fumes. It can be used as a finish coat after cleaning to seal and fully restore finished interior painted surfaces. Odor & Stain Blocker can be used as a primer for top-coating with both latex and oil-based paints. It applies white and dries to a nongloss white. 

Garage Fire in a Bangor-Area Home

This was the aftermath of a garage fire when we arrived on the scene. There was significant smoke and soot damage. The owner couldn't believe how quickly and completely we were able to clean the soot from the walls and ceiling. We make disasters "Like it never even happened."

It Never Takes Much to Start a Fire

No one expects a house fire, but they can easily catch anyone by surprise. When taking care of something as basic as ashes from a wood or pellet stove, it's best to ensure they're kept in a fireproof container, away from any combustible material. Unfortunately for this homeowner, this plastic bucket was not fireproof...which resulted in a sizable fire, damaging a good portion of their house.

Disaster Recovery Team: Dexter, ME

This Disaster Recovery Team truck was utilized at a large fire loss in Dexter. SERVPRO of Bangor/Ellsworth coordinated with the Large Loss team to ensure everything was operation as quickly as possible. With the ability to mobilize local command centers, no disaster is too big.